Injury Treatment Massage is focused on an acute or chronic injury. It can range from light calming strokes to intense active stretching. It is a delicate balance between pushing the body a little while at the same time honoring its limits.
Polarity Therapy is a form of energy healing based on Ayurvedic system. The practitioner places her/her hands in certain positions to encourage energy to move and balance. It is based on the theory that each area of the body has an energetic charge whether is be positive, neutral, or negative.
Intraoral massage works the muscles inside the jaw and mouth and is known to address issues such as but not limited to TMD, headaches, chronic neck and shoulder tension, tinnitus, and bell’s palsy.
An expecting Mother’s body goes through tremendous change while growing a baby. Massage is done with either a pregnancy table which allows mom to lay face down or side lying allowing access to the back a hips. Focus is generally around the shoulders, back, hips, and legs.
Chinese Cupping is an ancient alternative medicine that involves a licensed therapist putting special cups on the skin for a few minutes to generate suction. The major benefit of cupping is increased blood flow, which helps increase the rate of healing in recovery from muscle fatigue, injuries, and other conditions.
Craniosacral therapy (CST) is a gentle hands-on treatment that may provide relief from a variety of symptoms including headaches, neck pain and side effects of cancer treatment among many others. CST uses a light touch to examine membranes and movement of fluids in and around the central nervous system.
Abdominal Massage (Chi Nei Tsang)
Chi Nei Tsang is a traditional Taoist form of healing touch (massage) therapy, which is applied to the abdomen; chi nei tsang is used to stimulate and manipulate muscles, connective tissue, organs and systems. This gentle therapeutic massage is done fully clothed with the stomach exposed. Benefits of Chi Nei Tsang enhance the digestive tract, clear the lymphatic system, release the liver and gall bladder and so much more. It is safe and beneficial for those who suffer IBS, Krohns, Endometriosis, and many other ailments of the digestive and reproductive systems.
Cupping dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, the Ebers Papyrus, describes how the ancient Egyptians used cupping therapy in 1,550 B.C. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.Fire cupping involves soaking a cotton ball in almost pure alcohol. The cotton is clamped by a pair of forceps and lit via match or lighter, and, in one motion, placed into the cup and quickly removed, while the cup is placed on the skin. Massage oil may be applied to create a better seal as well as allow the cups to glide over muscle groups in an act called "gliding cupping" or "sliding cupping". Dark circles may appear where the cups were placed.
What I Offer
- Self Guided Massage – with quiet observation, gentle touch, and purposeful exploration, Julene and her team of licensed massage therapists can discover areas where muscles, fascia, cartilage, and other tissues related to the central nervous system might be tense, sore or misaligned – or if cerebrospinal fluid isn’t flowing fully to all proper points within the spine
- Patients remain Fully Clothed – most treatment is centered around the head, jaw, sacrum, spine, and limbs
- Gentle Touch – less than 5g of pressure (the weight of a nickel) -- minor adjustments, pressures and light massages can help bring the body back into balance
- Serene, Peaceful Environment
- Treatment can be relaxing – but not always
- Treatment can be done alone or in coordination with chiropractic care, physical therapy, or on a doctor or psychologist’s referral
What I Don't Offer
- Moxa, Acupuncture, or other holistic treatments that might leave marks
- Medical treatment that includes shots, pills, EKGs, X Rays, or other procedures
- Deep Tissue Massage
- A glamorous day spa with all the fancy bells, whistles, facials, muds, robes, oils and frills